Features & Benefits
- 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro 80D fabric throughout
- EXOLITE 275 lower back insert
- Storm Construction techniques used throughout
- Alpine fit with articulated knees
- Bonded ice screw protection overlay
- Full length 2-way YKK® moulded Aquaguard® side zips
- Fully adjustable braces with drop seat
- 2-way YKK® WR fly zip
- Zip-out internal snow gaiters
- Reinforced crampon kick-strips for durability
Mountain Equipment have obviously thought very well about the design of these pants. The Mountain Equipment Tupilak pants has a 3 layer Gore-Tex Pro 80D fabric. This keeps out the weather, allows the evaporation of transpiration, and is resistant to climbing hard routes on sharp granite and quartzite. It comes with reinforcements on the inside of the ankles, the knees, and the hips.
When carrying ice screws on your harness, the protection around the hips prevents these from tearing holes in them, meaning they last longer. So for the extra you pay, you do get quality and endurance. And sometimes it is worth spending the extra, in this instance, it definitely is.