Sea cliff climbing is one of those unforgettable, adventurous, addictive and atmospheric experiences. Our 2-day sea cliff climbing course is for the climber who would like to take their skills further on sea cliff routes. It will give you the tools to lead climb in some of the UK’s most spectacular coastal locations, looking directly down onto the sea! By the end of the course, you will have the tools to sea cliff climb safely all over the UK and abroad.
On the sea cliff Climbing Course, we will cover the following areas:
- Selecting and placing your protection
- Anchors and equalisation
- Complex rope and stance management
- Problem scenarios and prevention
- Rigging abseils
- Abseiling into your route
- Single pitch and multi pitch sea cliff climbing
- Route-finding and route-selection
- Understanding the weather and the effects of the sea
Our sea cliff climbing course will teach you the skills that you need to climb sea cliffs safely.One of the more important issues regarding sea cliff climbing, is the effects of the sea (swell, i.e. waves) and the tides. We will spend some time analysing these, and helping you understand how to plan a day out on sea cliffs. Without being washed away!