Our 2-day learn to lead climb course (Trad climbing) is for the competent indoor or sport climber who is looking to take his/her skills outside. By the end of the course, you will have the tools to lead climb outside and take it to places all over the UK and abroad.
On the Learn to Lead Climb Course, we will cover the following areas:
- Equipment selection
- Protection (selection, placements, and maintenance)
- Rope Management
- Building and equalising anchors
- Route choice and guidebooks
- Climbing calls and communication
- And of course, lots of climbing
Our experienced instructors will choose the right location as a learning environment, with the right amount of challenge. We generally climb on single pitch crags for this course.